Saturday, March 26, 2011

Musings

Hello readers (friends, family, and others...),

I've been musing the idea of getting some more photographs...they would be the catalyst to a sleeker website. I'm attaching 4 shots my friend Jake shot casually on the beach as well as two inspiration boards with existing comments.

Tony






~LEGIT PHOTOSHOOT IDEAS~








Jordan is one of my favorite photographers. I took a risk and asked him a simple question on his fan page. "How should one plan/prepare for a dance shoot?" BOOM
A great guy, too?!


~COMMENTS~
"you're a classic beauty, tasteful and passionate - I'd say your photos should be all those things, not too much going on, just you and a camera and some honest moments, some pure and bright colors, set to Spring, hopeful...I like the black and white, the classic look, I would just be clear about whether you want to do a shoot 'in the style of' or if you're just going for this feel...the essence alone could be there with just a modern suit or maybe do some in color, fun movement, black and white with just a splash of something bright, with or without props (I attached a simple white staircase) But I love the idea." -Ms. Grace Rex






PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS BELOW...
(What shots do I need to represent ME? Describe with adjectives!)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, those beach photos are ridiculous. Loves it. Secondly, I love how your brain works with regards to organization. Thirdly, here are our thoughts:

    -Love the idea of being inspired by the old "greats" of dance (Astaire, etc.). We agree with the thought of using that as inspiration and direction, but trying to stay away from actually recreating or staging things to be too similar to those shoots.
    -It would be fun to see three wardrobe looks: some body-conscious dancewear, a denim (that you can move in) and casual top, and a more formal look (slacks and a tie?). I think it's cool to see movement in unexpected attire. Unexpected, but not contrived, I guess.
    -When we think of you, we both picture the mischevious, open smile, and you constantly dancing and in motion. I would get yourself to a clean, open space (I picture a white room), and just play and find a photographer who can capture that.

    These are all off the top of our heads! Love that you're getting set for this cool project. :) Let us know if you need any help. Love love!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete